Marietta is a city northwest of Atlanta, in Georgia. Near leafy Marietta Square, an 1845 former cotton warehouse houses the Marietta Museum of History. Marietta is the gateway to Atlanta and offers the residents the best of both worlds. Small town living with easy access to the the big city. There is so much available to residents and visitors alike. The Marietta Real Estate Market has exploded due to the sought after area.
Marietta is 15 miles northwest of Atlanta and the Cobb County seat. At 23 square miles, Marietta is one of Georgia’s most populous cities, with 56,579 residents calling the city home.
Marietta was named an All American City and one of the top 10 places to live, according to the National Civic League. https://www.mariettaga.gov
Marietta offer some of the top schools around, both city and county.
Things To Do Around Marietta:
Visit the Historic Marietta Square, also known as Glover Park, offer a wide variety of shops, dining and attractions, as well as fairs and concerts.
Click here to see a full view of the calendar: Marietta Calendar
Silver Comet Trail: Take a walk, run, hike or bike ride on this scenic, paved, recreational nature trail that begins in Smyrna. But don’t go too far, you could end up in Alabama!
Gone with The Wind Museum: With an extensive collection of memorabilia, including the original Bengaline honeymoon gown worn in the movie, this museum is sure to delight and intrigue any Gone with the Wind fan.
Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History: Did you know one of the greatest spy stories in American history happened right in Cobb County? Learn more about the Great Locomotive Chase at this prestigious Smithsonian Affiliate.
Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield & Museum: Ahead of Gettysburg and others, this park is the most visited Civil War site in the U.S. because of its rich history. Hike, picnic, bike or run among this beautiful 2,923 acre park.
Dining on the Square:
- Spring– A fine upscale farm-to-table restaurant near downtown Marietta, featuring seasonal favorites, local ingredients and original culinary creations. Reservations highly recommended, with parties of 7 or more reserved at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Stockyard Burgers and Bones– A popular casual spot near the square offering excellent burgers and ribs, as well as a wide selection of bourbon.
- The Marietta Local– “Award Winning Comfort Food”—this popular counter spot off the square is known for its great breakfasts and fried chicken.
- Kiosco– A cozy, affordable Columbian restaurant known for its paella, sangria and a selection of traditional fare.
- Piastra– Enjoy delectable Italian dishes at this upscale-casual establishment in the heart of Marietta. Features locally sourced ingredients in made-from-scratch recipes.
- Many More
Marietta Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.